Hi! I’m Jen :: Faith-driven Blogger and Interior Decorator currently setting up my dream retail store while also nesting for baby #8 due in January. My passions are sharing the Good News that Christ is the Answer, encouraging my kids to “Do Hard Things,” and curating vintage and artisan style home décor and life trends that inspire and motivate us in our walk with the Lord ::
If that’s all you need to stay awhile, I am so glad you’re here!
At GLAH, you’ll find plenty on how I decorate and how-to decorate, plus DIY’s, tips and tricks from a professional, decorating for the holidays and the liturgical year, and of course a splash or two of our life as it happens, our Catholic faith unplugged, and the journey of raising 7 kids.
But if you want to go a little deeper, and it is a little heavy, scroll on down for a short bio and some odds and ends or read my faith story here!
All of us have a story. Don’t we?
I am not shy about mine and I hope one day to buckle down and write more fully about it. Until then, here’s just a snippet on how I became a decorator and a Catholic, and now a self-professed, Catholic Decorator.
After the death of my first spouse in Iraq in 2005, I took to decorating to feel closer to God, experiencing the transcendental beauty of His omnipotent design. While growing my decorating business and moving forward with my life as a widow and single mom of 3, I rediscovered my Catholic roots (applause). The correlation between Catholicism and decorating became inseparable to me and over time my blog has evolved to try and capture them in all their beauty.
Finally, following my reversion and in an answered prayer, God brought me an amazing husband and father to my children. We have since added 4 more to our nest and are expecting a baby girl in January.
As if that weren’t enough, you might want to chew on a few other tidbits not quite so heavy but equally ME!⇓
- I am Californian by birth, but Michigan by heart!
- I shop the dollar-a-bag library book sale every month just to collect an oversupply of vintage and hardcover books.
- I dabble in photography and have nearly 15,000 photos of what, who knows… lots of mistakes, probably.
- I speak about how-to decorate for the holidays on the cheap, the transcendental beauty of a well-decorated home, and surviving the widow years with three young children.
- I conduct fun DIY workshops for ladies where “making a home is better with friends!”
- I am a whopping 5’2″ tall.
- I write about homeschool failures and successes.
- I was interviewed on The Jennifer Fulwiler Show! (Pinch me)
- I love featuring homes who have a unique style for reflecting Jesus Christ as center of it all.
- I am a Catholic revert. My husband was a Seminarian. And we are definitely Catholic.to.the.Max!
- We believe Christ is the Answer!
- My favorite blog is my sister-in-law’s, letlovebesincere, because I get to see my cute little nephews!
- My motto is, “Take it one day at a time, but still have a plan!”
- My favorite quote is, “Life loves the person who dares to live it!” ~Maya Angelou